Raisin Granola Mini-Bites come from Germaine Stank of Pound, Wisconsin. "These cookies are great to snack on while traveling because they're not too sweet," Germaine assures.
Recommended: 30 Junk Food Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 can (6 ounce) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups granola, lightly crushed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins, butter and apple juice concentrate are melted; cool. Beat in egg. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and orange peel; add raisin mixture and blend well. Stir in granola. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Granola Mini-Bites Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p54