Raisin Granola Mini-Bites Cookies
Raisin Granola Mini-Bites come from Germaine Stank of Pound, Wisconsin. "These cookies are great to snack on while traveling because they're not too sweet," Germaine assures.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups granola without raisins, lightly crushed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins, butter and apple juice concentrate until butter and concentrate are melted; cool. Beat in egg. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and orange zest; add raisin mixture and blend well. Stir in granola. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Raisin Granola Mini-Bites Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.