Raisin Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
If Cooking for Two: Freeze one loaf for another time.
1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread
"Yum! Great with whole wheat flour. So nice that the recipe makes 2 loaves. Great for gift-giving.~ Theresa"
"Absolutely delicious! I did increase the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. Also melted butter instead of butter flavoring. Be sure to use Buttermilk! It makes the difference - sooo much better!"