Raisin Cheese Blintzes Recipe
Milk, butter and cottage cheese combine delightfully in these blintzes. When I was a child, my mother served them often for Sunday brunch or for dessert, and they tasted so good.—Lauren Kargen, Buffalo, New York
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter or margarine
- 2 cups raisins
- 4 cups (32 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Butter or margarine
- Sour cream and blueberry or strawberry pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand for 10 minutes. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry. Remove crepe to paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- 2. Place raisins in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain. In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sugar, cinnamon, salt and raisins. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each crepe; fold ends and sides over filling. In a skillet, cook blintzes in butter until heated through. Top with sour cream and pie filling if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 384 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Cheese Blintzes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC