Raisin Bran Chewies Cookies Recipe
"I created this recipe when I was trying to use up some Raisin Bran cereal," explains Ione Perkins of Rowlins, Wyoming.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, honey and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in cereal. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until done. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 232 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Bran Chewies Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC