"This stacked sandwich began by accident when I ran out of bread and replaced it with a bagel," admits Cynthia DeKett of Lyndonville, Vermont. "You can easily change the fixings to meet your personal tastes. My husband prefers it with less meat, a slice of Vidalia onion and no cream cheese. We both think the raisin bagel add the perfect touch of sweetness."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cinnamon raisin bagels (3-1/2 inches), split
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 pound shaved deli smoked turkey breast
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 thin tomato slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Lightly toast bagels; spread cream cheese on bottom halves. Layer with lettuce, turkey, dill, onions, cheese and tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise on top halves of bagels; place over tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Bagel Stackers in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p15
Reviews forRaisin Bagel Stackers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2013
"Very good. Love the combination of flavors. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe Cynthia."