Rainy Day Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the vegetables and barley are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Jul 9, 2013
no stars but a 5. my family really enjoyed this soup, quick and tasty, next time I will add some garlic and red peppers as we like these. will make this again without red peppers and garlic for my family that are not pepper fans
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.