Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed or 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add carrots, onion, green pepper and celery seed. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 378 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad
"I have been making this recipe for years, since it was first published. My family loves it. I often take it to pot-lucks at church or work and get rave reviews every time. I often use a combination of green, yellow, red and orange peppers to give it even more color."
"i got this recipe years ago after it was served at any function at my grandmothers church. i lovingly named the sweet tangy salad "churchlady" salad. I always get great comments and people wanting to take a dish home if any happens to be left over. I have also made this using cider vinegar which gives it a great tangy flavor. Real mayo is a must for this salad."
"I amde this for our Labor Day BBQ. My sister-in-law loved it."
"I made this recipe for potluck and received lots of comments and requests"
"When I made the dressing it was too much. So I only used half. It was also too sweet. I will make this again with half the ingredients for the dressing and less sugar. It's a keeper. :)"
"Delicious! I made it for a church function. My daughter wants to try it with frozen peas next time. I used Miracle Whip Light as I don't like mayo. I will also sub Splenda or Truvia for all or part of the sugar for us to eat at home to reduce the calories. It's a keeper."
"WOW! This recipe is absolutely delicious!!!! Everyone kept asking me what was in it that made it so good! I am keeping this recipe and will be making it again for sure. Thank you, Debbie Albright!P.S. I doubled it and it fed a crowd and there was even enough leftover to send some home with folks!"