Rainbow Melon Julep
- 3 cups watermelon balls
- 3 cups honeydew balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the melon balls. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, sugar substitute, mint, orange zest and lime zest. Pour over melon; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, add soda and gently stir to coat.
1 cup: 72 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Jul 15, 2017
this is a great and easy recipe. my family has requested it over and over again
Dec 31, 1969
This recipe is fantasic! Simple, simple, and delicious! One tip tho make sure it is allowed to get very cold before serving. Some of you keep your refridgerator on a higher setting...this dish needs to be chilled to be perfect!