- 3 cups watermelon balls
- 3 cups honeydew balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar*
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, combine the melon balls. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, sugar substitute, mint, orange peel and lime peel. Pour over melon; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, add soda and toss gently. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRainbow Melon Julep
"this is a great and easy recipe. my family has requested it over and over again"
"This recipe is fantasic! Simple, simple, and delicious! One tip tho make sure it is allowed to get very cold before serving. Some of you keep your refridgerator on a higher setting...this dish needs to be chilled to be perfect!"