Rainbow Gelatin Salad
This seven-layer gelatin salad will elicit oohs and aahs from all your guests. It's well worth the time it takes to prepare.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 7 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dissolve a second package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm.
- Repeat five times, alternating with creamy gelatin. Chill until each layer is firm before adding the next layer. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteThis recipe takes time to prepare since each layer must be set before the next layer is added.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 130 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Rainbow Gelatin Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004