- 7 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dissolve a second package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm.
- Repeat five times, alternating with creamy gelatin. Chill until each layer is firm before adding the next layer. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
3/4 cup: 130 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.