VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 packages (3 ounces each) assorted flavored gelatin
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 4-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, chilled, divided
- In a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Dissolve a second package of gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup milk. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm.
- Repeat five times, alternating with creamy gelatin. Chill until each layer is firm before adding the next layer. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Rainbow Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p198