Rag Doll Salad
Both kids and adults will enjoy lunching with these imaginative dolls. They make having a healthy salad delicious and fun…so, go ahead and play with your food.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 tablespoons carrot curls
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 pimiento strips
- 1 medium tomato, halved
- 2 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2/3 cup chicken or tuna salad
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- For each salad, place an egg half at the top of a plate for doll's head. Arrange carrot curls around egg for hair. Insert cloves for eyes; position a pimiento strip for mouth.
- Place a tomato half below the egg; add olive halves for buttons. Spoon chicken salad below tomato; place a lettuce leaf over salad for skirt. For arms and legs, place baby carrots on either side of tomato and below the lettuce.
- Place mayonnaise in a small pastry or plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe stripes on carrot legs for stockings. Discard cloves before eating.