Radish & Garbanzo Bean Salad
This recipe resulted from a surprise visit from relatives. I didn't have time to shop, so I worked with what I had on hand…a can of chickpeas and produce from my garden. —Grace Struthers, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, radishes, onion and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 211 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Easy Chick Pea Salad in Reminisce August/September 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.