Radish, Cucumber and Grapefruit Salad
Looking for a light and refreshing way to round out your meal? Tart grapefruit complements crunchy radishes and cucumbers perfectly in this spring salad. It's a quick and healthy addition to your holiday menu. —Connie Boll, Chilton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min.
- 2 large red grapefruit
- 1 pound radishes, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sunflower kernels, optional
- Cut a thin slice from top and bottom of each grapefruit; stand upright on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from grapefruit. Remove fruit by cutting along the membrane of each segment. Halve large pieces if desired.
- Combine radishes, cucumber, green onions, dill and grapefruit in a large bowl. Whisk together grapefruit juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper; toss gently with radish mixture. If desired, sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 63 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Radish, Cucumber and Grapefruit Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012