This recipe resulted from a surprise visit from relatives. I didn't have time to shop, so I worked with what I had on hand…a can of chickpeas and produce from my garden.
Recommended: 31 Easy Vegetarian Recipes with 5 Ingredients
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, radishes, onion and parsley. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Radish & Garbanzo Bean Salad in Reminisce August/September 2009, p56