Rack of Lamb with Fresh Herbs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. In small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with herb mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with pomegranate seeds.
Originally published as Rack of Lamb with Fresh Herbs in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013