Rachel with a Twist
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces cuban bread or French bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, cheese and sauerkraut. Replace top. Cut into six slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted, pressing firmly with a large spatula.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 299 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 10, 2014
OMG! This was absolutely AMAZING!!! Even better then I expected. I thought it was weird to fry them so put them in the oven but did fry 2 of them - definitely fry them! The oven ones were too hard but still very tasty. All 3 of my kids, even my 3 yr old, asked for seconds (I didn't put sauerkraut on the kids half). I made 2 French breads worth & only have 3 sandwiches left over! This recipe is a keeper for sure!!!!! :o]
Mar 12, 2014
Every Rachel I've ever had was prepared with coleslaw so I'll stick with that because I LOVE them....otherwise this recipe is AWESOME!!
Mar 11, 2012
we really liked it - I used Italian bread and left off the sauerkraut for the kids. Will definitely make it again - soon!
Mar 1, 2012
Feb 28, 2012
Very good! Make sure you use fresh bread. The mayo mix would be good on any sandwich.
Feb 16, 2012
this was really good, even if I used the wrong bread. By mistake I bought Italian, but it was still delicious
Jan 28, 2012
Loved the sauce! Don't like corned beef so loved this turkey version. Will definately make again!