- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 10 cups buttercream frosting
- Black, yellow and red food coloring
- Green edible glitter
- 4 miniature cars
- 2 miniature checkered flags
- Prepare and bake each cake according to package directions, using greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Transfer cakes to a covered board and position side-by-side. Frost top of cakes with 5-1/3 cups of frosting. Tint 1-1/2 cups frosting black. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with black frosting. Outline edge of cake. Using a #17 star tip, pipe a checkered pattern on sides of cake with 1 cup white frosting and remaining black frosting.
- Tint 2/3 cup frosting gray; create an oval racetrack in middle of cake. Tint 3/4 cup frosting yellow; pipe lines around track and infield. For grass, sprinkle green glitter on infield.
- Tint 1/2 cup frosting red; pipe lettering on corners of cake. Position cars and checkered flags. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Reviews forRacetrack Cake
"The kids just love this!"