Quinoa Vegetable Pilaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 2, 2018
I loved this dish. Made it for my family and they liked it. Have made it several times and will keep making it often. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 12, 2012
This was my first time trying quinoa and it was very good. I added some dried thyme and I swapped out the broccoli for cauliflower to please my fussy mother. I can't want to make it again.
Apr 7, 2011
Excellent recipe. I like the quinoa as a hearty replacement for rice.
Jul 29, 2010
The perfect answer to a different side dish for grilled steaks!