This refreshing salad combines the sweetness of raisins and jicama with super-healthy quinoa. The salad comes from Sonya Fox of Peyton, Colorado.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, jicama, celery and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Pour over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.