Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve quinoa or 1-3/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, divided use
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each)
- Cooking spray
- Warmed pasta sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Stir in 1 egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oil, basil and seasonings.
- Divide into 6 portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely. Shape quinoa around filling, forming a ball.
- Place remaining egg and 1/2 cup bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip quinoa balls in egg, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; spritz with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. If desired, serve with pasta sauce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 arancini: 423 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Oct 23, 2019
I used panko instead of regular crumbs. Was very happy with how crispy they got on the outside even though they are baked, not fried. Definitely will be making them again!
Aug 5, 2019
The arancini were a little bit bigger than I was expecting..2 arancini is a pretty substantial portion! I liked that they were baked and the overall flavor is pretty similar to mozzarella sticks, but a lot healthier.
Jul 30, 2019
These were amazing! My husband said "fabulous," and he felt like he was at a restaurant! I doubled the recipe, and I'm glad I did! Easy to make and I like that they're baked and not fried.
Jul 29, 2019
These were surprisingly easy, and we loved them! The only thing I’ll do next time is stretch the quinoa to make 8 instead of 6. The ratio of quinoa to cheese was just a bit too much for my liking. Otherwise, perfection!
Jul 18, 2019
My family loves Arancini and this was a nice twist. I would have given it 5 stars but my clan was not a fan of the quinoa.
Jul 2, 2019
I love that these are baked instead of fried.