This recipe relies on peppers and chilies to dress up two rounds of corn bread. We like to serve slices alongside salsa and light sour cream -Robyn Oro of Raytown, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chiles
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Eggland's Best egg substitute
- Coat two 9-in. round baking pans with cooking spray. Slice green chiles in half lengthwise; pat dry. Place six chile halves skin side down in a star burst pattern in each pan. Cut red pepper into twelve 1/4-in. slices and two 1-in. circles. Place slices between the chiles and circles in the center.
- Place cornbread mix in a large bowl. Combine the cream-style corn, Mexicorn, cheese, water, egg and egg substitute; stir into cornbread mix just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving plates.