Quicker Potato Salad
In this potato salad, I swapped olives for sweet pickle relish and used one fewer egg. Plus, I replaced the mayonnaise with a fat-free version.—Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium baked or cooked potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes; place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Add celery, onion, pickle relish, celery seed and salt. fold in mayonnaise and egg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Quicker Potato Salad in Quick Cooking Premiere 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.