Quicker Pork Chops Over Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) stuffing mix
- 3-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- Worcestershire sauce, optional
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetable/seasoning packets from stuffing mix with broth and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in stuffing. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stuffing into eight mounds in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place a pork chop over each mound. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce if desired.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 24, 2011
I used stove top and made it according to the directions on the box. I then used a 1/2 cup scoop to make the mounds and covered with the pork chop. Big hit and so much easier than stuffing them
Feb 7, 2011
It was very good,but the chops came out a little soggy on the bottom.
Mar 9, 2009
I have used this recipe many, many times, it is so easy and quick and always comes out great!