Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef base
- 2 packages (17 ounces each) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Stir in beef base.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef tips with gravy; heat through. Serve with noodles and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Made quicker by: using sliced mushrooms (to speed up cook time), sauteeing all veggies in butter (butter added a rich flavor), used beef base, giving it a rich, beefy cooked for hours taste. Used a convience product Hormel refrigerated beef tips with gravy in place of the beef chuck roast. MCP
1-1/4 cups (calculated without noodles or blue cheese): 237 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew
"Very good! It didn't thicken as much as I wanted, so I mixed in some cornstarch. We'll be making this again, though!"
"Just made this on a chilly night and it was great! Added a little bit of salt in with the flour & pepper. I'd call this dish - Company Worthy!"