Quicker Mushroom Beef Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons beef base
- 2 packages (17 ounces each) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender. Add garlic and rosemary; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add water. Stir in beef base.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef tips with gravy; heat through. Serve with noodles and cheese.
Editor's NoteLook for beef base near the broth and bouillon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without noodles or blue cheese): 237 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1077mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 23, 2014
Very good! It didn't thicken as much as I wanted, so I mixed in some cornstarch. We'll be making this again, though!
Jan 22, 2013
Just made this on a chilly night and it was great! Added a little bit of salt in with the flour & pepper. I'd call this dish - Company Worthy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.