- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup French-fried onions, coarsely chopped
- 7 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, onions, milk and parsley just until moistened. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuicker Chicken and Dumplings
"This turned out much better than I thought it would. It was very filling. I did use suggestions from other reviews and added some salt, pepper, and a chicken boullion cube."
"Family loved this, but I'll add salt and pepper next time and maybe another can of soup."
"This recipe is great for a quick semi home made meal. It had very good flavor and the dumplings turned out fluffy and flavorful as well."
"I actually sauteed chopped up carrots and celery in olive oil and then added raw chopped chicken, chopped broccoli and cooked that before adding the other ingredients. I know that kind of defeats the purpose of "quicker", but it was worth it. This was excellent and definitely a keeper. I can't wait to make it again."
"DELISH! Just needs salt and pepper to taste. It says that it serves six, but we barely got 3 servings out of it."
"We weren't big fans. It was pretty soupy and had an odd flavor. We ate it but won't make again."