Quicker Barbecued Chicken ‘n’ Rice
To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine rice and broth in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Quicker Barbecued Chicken 'n' Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 1999