Quick Zesty Chili
This chili always has everyone coming back for seconds—that's because I use fresh tomatoes in the recipe. I've been married 31 years and our two grown children still like to come home to eat "Mom's cooking"!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 184 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Quick Zesty Chili in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.