This chili always has everyone coming back for seconds—that's because I use fresh tomatoes in the recipe. I've been married 31 years and our two grown children still like to come home to eat "Mom's cooking"!
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, brown beef; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Zesty Chili in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p12
Reviews forQuick Zesty Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2011
"This was a very good recipe except I wasn't very pleased with adding the cinnamon. The next time I make it I will leave that ingredient out. :)"