While my mother helped out on the family farm, I took over in the kitchen and have been cooking ever since. I often serve this soup with a loaf of warm bread.
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 teaspoon drippings; saute onion in drippings.
- In a large saucepan, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in the soup, milk, cheese and onion. Crumble eight strips of bacon; add to soup. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Crumble remaining bacon and sprinkle over soup. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Wild Rice Soup in Country Pork 1996, p35
Reviews forQuick Wild Rice Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review