Quick Wild Rice Salad
Mom harvested her own wild rice when we were kids. So wild rice dishes were a special treat for us. This is still one of my favorite foods. I assure you you'll enjoy this hearty, satisfying salad anytime of year.—Jean Halldorson, Mozart, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine rice, eggs, cheese, mayonnaise and olives; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the pecans and toss.