Quick White Turkey Chili
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, turkey, beans, corn, chilies, cumin and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat,; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1314mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 30, 2013
This is a really good white chili with a lot of flavor. It makes a nice small batch so you're not stuck with leftovers for a week.
Dec 27, 2012
This is a great way to use up those turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving. We have made it several times. My ten-year old picky eater loves it, too.
Aug 4, 2011
made this last night for my famly, this is a keeper very good
Dec 27, 2010
This was super fast and easy. Delicious! I can't wait to eat some leftovers
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.