Quick White Bean Turkey Chili
My husband came home from a sales trip to the East Coast raving about white bean chili. This is our version.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream, optional
- Cut turkey tenderloin lengthwise into quarters. In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic in butter until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove turkey and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut into cubes. Transfer vegetables to a saucepan. Add the turkey, broth, beans, tomatoes, salsa, parsley and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-16 minutes or until slightly thickened. Top each serving with cheese or sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 267 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as White Bean Turkey Chili in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook