On hot days, this sweet salsa with watermelon, pineapple and fresh cilantro is sure to satisfy. Betsy Hanson tosses it together in a matter of minutes in her Tiverton, Rhode Island kitchen.
Recommended: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p10
Reviews forQuick Watermelon Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2008
"It was wonderful, everyone wants the recipe."