Quick Turkey Reubens
Chris Boshoven of Hebron, Indiana told us she's had this recipe in her files for a long time and it's always a lunchtime favorite. She recommends draining the cabbage well, otherwise the sandwich will get soggy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 2/3 cup canned sweet-and-sour red cabbage
- 2 slices (1/2 ounce each) Monterey Jack cheese
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread; spread mayonnaise over the other side. On the mayonnaise side of two slices, layer the turkey, cabbage and cheese; top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1530mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Red Reuben Sandwiches in Country Woman May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.