Explains Kathy Faulk of East Hartford, Connecticut, "My husband is one of the biggest snackers around. I keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch of these nachos 'pronto'."
Recommended: Game Day Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes and/or green onions, optional
- In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 15 minutes. Place the tortilla chips on a greased baking sheet. Layer with turkey, sour cream and salsa. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Microwave or broil for a few minutes or until cheese melts. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and/or onions if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Quick Turkey Nachos Snack in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p64