VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked white or brown rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup broth and next four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Add bean sprouts. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce and remaining broth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Quick Turkey Chop Suey in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p23