Quick Tossed Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes1/2 cup dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Romaine or other lettuce
- Tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, olives and/or other vegetables of choice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; shake well. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and vegetables. Add the dressing and Parmesan cheese if desired; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 142 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 7, 2011
I agree, this was just okay. Seems like it's called "Italian Salad" only because of the 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning! I would add some sliced pepperoncini.
Dec 10, 2010
The salad was good, but the dressing was just okay. I would make it again, but it's not my absolute favorite.