Quick Tomato-Strawberry Spread Recipe
For a creative way to use up tomatoes from you garden, make this spread. The strawberry give it a fruity flavor everyone will enjoy.—Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1. Rinse three 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- 2. In a large stockpot, bring tomatoes and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- 4. Spread is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Thaw frozen spread in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Quick Tomato-Strawberry Spread
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC