Quick Tomato Mac ‘n’ Beef
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired.
Dec 9, 2016
Fast, easy, yummy. What more needs to be said? Flavored tomatoes would change it up to keep it fresh.
Jul 13, 2015
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I used a can of beef broth instead of water and I used the whole can. So I when adding the macaroni and added a heaping one cup. We all enjoyed this and I liked that it was all cooked in one pot.
Aug 9, 2013
I made this for Christmas one year and everyone raved over it. I always double the recipe and only use 1/2 pound more ground beef. I also only use diced tomatoes and when I double I substitute one can of mild Ro-tel. It adds a nice kick to the flavor. I use dehydrated onion because my family isn't wild about a lot of onions in their food.
Sep 22, 2012
This is one of my favorite fast recipes! You can use any flavored tomato. I always add a cup of frozen mixed vegetables.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.