Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in cheese. Garnish with onions and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: For a spicier flavor, substitute a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
Reviews for Quick Tomato Mac 'n' Beef
"Fast, easy, yummy. What more needs to be said? Flavored tomatoes would change it up to keep it fresh."
"I made this for Christmas one year and everyone raved over it. I always double the recipe and only use 1/2 pound more ground beef. I also only use diced tomatoes and when I double I substitute one can of mild Ro-tel. It adds a nice kick to the flavor. I use dehydrated onion because my family isn't wild about a lot of onions in their food."
"This is one of my favorite fast recipes! You can use any flavored tomato. I always add a cup of frozen mixed vegetables."