Quick Tomato Cucumber Salad
Pretty color and great taste make this salad a favorite. I like to serve it when we have guests for dinner. It’s easy to prepare, and the dressing can be made several days in advance.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup dressing)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers on a serving platter or on salad plates; serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 19g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Tomato and Cucumber Salad in Country Extra July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.