Quick Tamale Casserole
The filling ingredients in this casserole will satisfy hearty appetites. You can garnish individual servings with sliced ripe olives and serve with tortilla chips.—Cecily Gates, Santa Ana, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with chili.
- Remove papers from tamales; cut each into six slices. Arrange over chili. Sprinkle with corn and top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
To give Quick Tamale Casserole more of a taco taste, add an envelope of taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water to the ground beef after browning and draining.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 592 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1556mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 38g protein.
Originally published as Quick Tamale Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.