Quick Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions, sour cream and corn chips or tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook until heated through.
- Ladle into individual bowls; top with cheese. If desired, also top with onions, corn chips and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 994mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 17, 2010
I rated this recipe a 4 instead of a 5 because if I hadn't added extra taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, and chili pepper it would have been pretty bland. I also added a 4 oz can of green chilies. I had a 28 ounce can of stewed tomatoes and I am glad I used the whole can otherwise it wouldn't have been soup. My husband is not a fan of tomatoes so he thinks it would be much better with diced tomatoes, that way the tomatoes wouldn't be so big :)
Aug 8, 2010
One of my husband's favorite meals, especially since it is easy to reheat and have as a leftover. Also, we've made it on camping trips, because of how easy is to make and how many it feeds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.