Quick Taco Salad
Just got home from work? Tired? Try this quick, balanced meal that tastes great and leaves time for you to relax after a busy day. —Marie Noguerole, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, hot pepper sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve over corn chips. Top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and olives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 628 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Ground Beef Supper in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008