- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard and celery seed; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Sweet-Sour Spinach Salad
"I found this recipe a few months ago. So delicious! I have given up store bought dressing for this. I deceased the sugar to 2 tbsp and it's still good. Thank you!"
"Brought this to a ladies get together and it went over we'll. I added goat cheese and walnuts to the salad and would most definitely make this again."
"I made this for the 1st time lastnight my family loved loved loved it defanetly will be making this agian i did a lil altering with the type of oil and viniger cuz we didn't have them and so i used extra virgin olive oil and red-wine viniger was awesome"
"salad was delicious enough to serve to company. Definitely a keeper.~ Theresa"
"My family loved this recipe! Everyone wanted a copy and it is so easy to make."