Quick Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Pork Chops
Pork chops are a staple in my home so I have many recipe to prepare them. These have a deliciously tangy taste and are sure to be a hit in your home.—Dennis, Wolcott, Blossburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve sauce with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 388 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.