Quick Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar peach spreadable fruit
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 212 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 1, 2015
I love this dish. I make it all the time for my husband. I used canned peaches with sugar that I biol to make my own preserves and it is wonderful. Just the right combination of sweet and spicy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.