Quick Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar peach spreadable fruit
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 212 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2015
I love this dish. I make it all the time for my husband. I used canned peaches with sugar that I biol to make my own preserves and it is wonderful. Just the right combination of sweet and spicy.